Lunchtime is a time to have fun with food, but so many of us choose to go with the old standbys. PB & J. Ham and cheese. Turkey with lettuce and tomato. Sure, they’re all delicious, but what if you’re tired of the same old thing? At SuperiorNutStore.com, lunch just got a whole lot more interesting.
is becoming a fast lunchtime favorite for those who want to jazz up the traditional sandwich with a little something different. This nut butter packs a flavorful punch and spreads easily on veggies, fruits, breads, cheeses or crackers. Not sure how to best enjoy cashew butter? Let some of these sandwich ideas be your guide!
- Veggie Cashew Butter Pita: Combine together avocado, sprouts, cashew butter, and sliced carrots in a pita. Like different veggie combinations? Make up your own! Cashew butter pairs well with just about any veggie or fruit.
- Grilled Cashew Butter and Blueberry Jam: Lightly spread margarine or butter on one side of each slice of bread. Then, place the buttered side down in a small frying pan. Spread some cashew butter and blueberry jam on the top of the slice in the pan. Top with the other slice with the buttered side facing out (just like a grilled cheese sandwich). Toast over medium heat, flip, and serve when the sandwich is golden on both sides.
- Cashew Butter and Honey Slices: Find crusty bread (like peasant bread) and cut into thin slices. Spread cashew butter over a slice and drizzle with a little bit of honey. Want to kick things up? Add a bit of fresh ginger and enjoy!
- Apple Cheddar and Cashew Butter Sandwich: On whole grain or whole wheat bread, spread cashew butter. Add slices of cheddar cheese and sliced Granny Smith apple.
- Cashew Butter and Strawberry Bagel: Spread a bit of regular or chocolate cashew butter over a bagel and add fresh sliced strawberries. Perfect for a healthy, on the go breakfast.
All of these sandwiches are easy to make and include ingredients that you can always find in your pantry or refrigerator. Remember – lunch doesn’t have to be boring. You can always spice things up with a bit of nut butter and creative ingredient combinations. Speaking of nut butter, you can also add some dimension to your sandwiches using flavored cashew butters
from our selection. At SuperiorNutStore.com, we offer traditional and flavored cashew nut butter varieties including:
- Chocolate cashew nut butter
- Honey roasted cashew nut butter
- White chocolate cashew nut butter
- Cashew macadamia nut butter
- Honey roasted cashew macadamia nut butter
These nut butters
pair perfectly with your favorite ingredient combinations to make a breakfast, lunch, or snack that is sure to be a little taste of heaven.