- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked (Bring 1/2 cup quinoa and 1 cup water to a boil. Cover, and lower heat to a simmer until the water has evaporated – approx. 12-15 mins.)
- Add 1/4 - 1/2 cups of your favorite nuts to the mix (we like sliced almonds and/or chopped pecans)
- Add 1/2 cup of your preferred dried fruit (we like dried apricots and dried raspberries or dried blueberries and dried pears)
- Add honey and/or cinnamon to taste
- Dress with a generous pour of your preferred milk!
Start Your Day the Best Way with this Organic Red Quinoa Breakfast Recipe!
If organic red quinoa were a person, it would be one of those people that everyone loved – the type of person that makes people say, “Such a great person – can’t say a bad thing about ‘em!” And, it would be true! The list of wonderful traits that organic red quinoa possesses is long, and this super-seed is finally gaining even greater exposure than before. Packed with protein, amino acids, beneficial fiber, calcium, magnesium and more, organic red quinoa is gluten-free and has a low glycemic index. It also has a slightly nutty flavor, beautiful color, works well in place of rice or cous cous, is simple to prepare, and is quite filling. The takeaway? It looks great, tastes great, is great for you, and satisfies your appetite. Yep – we’d call that a win-win-win-win for organic red quinoa! If you’re reading this, chances are good that you’re already interested in incorporating this super-seed into your diet. And to help you enjoy it to its fullest potential, we’ve put together this yummy breakfast recipe for your consideration. We’ve tried a lot of similar recipes, and this offers the best of all we’ve tasted. Let’s just say that researching the best mix was a delicious assignment to have! Have any of your own you’d like to share? Please visit the Superior Nut Company Facebook page and post them. We’re always looking for something new and exciting to try! Organic Red Quinoa ’Cereal’ Breakfast Recipe If you want to start your day off right, packed with flavor and feel-good food, consider this recipe…